- Thermally bonded polymer-coated carrier
- Strong, durable cable
- Highly flexible
- Resists bends and kinks; lies flat after installation
- Quick, simple installation and easy system expansion
- Available in standard and custom lengths with pre-installed end connectors
- Plenum rated, UL listed, and RoHS compliant
- Continuity and signal wires: 2 x 18 AWG with fluoropolymer insulation
- Sensing wires: 2 x 27 AWG with conductive fluoroploymer jackets
- Core: Fluoroploymer
- Resistance per Foot: 4.0 ohms
Sheer Strength: 160 lbs. (72.6kg)
Cut Through Resistance: >50 lbs. (>22.7kg) with.005in (0.13mm) blade
Abrasion Resistance: >65 cycles per UL 719
Connector: 4 pin, 0.51 in (13mm) diameter
Chemical Resistance: In accordance with ASTM D543, cable functions normally after seven days’ exposure to the following:
- Fresh deionized water
- Tap water
- Sulfuric acid (98%)
- Sulfuric acid (50%)
- Hydrochloric acid (37%)
- Sodium hydroxide (10%)
- Aqua regia
- Ethylene glycol (60% in DI water)
- Note: Prolonged exposure to concentrated ketones may cause temporary reduction of sensitivity; consult RLE for specific details.
- Temperature: -40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: 15,000ft (4,572m) max.
Storage Environment: -40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
Dimensions: Diameter of cable not to exceed 0.24in (6.0mm)
- SC-C-50 : 50ft (15.24m)
Weight: .035 lbs./ft (52 g/m)
Certifications: CE and UL Functional Safety Listing when used in conjunction with RLE controllers; RoHS Compliant; Patent Nos. 8,256,269 and 8,234,910.
- It’s Resistant to Chemical Corrosion – This is why we developed chemical sensing cable. Our customers wanted to detect leaks in more challenging environments, and they clamored for a cable-based solution. Our chemical sensing cable is constructed of components that are inert to most chemicals. That’s right – expose it to corrosive chemicals and it won’t break down. That means you can detect leaks of corrosive aqueous chemicals, and detect leaks in environments where other cables will decompose.
- It’s Strong, Durable, and Reliable – The cable’s abrasion-resistant polymer core increases its strength and durability, and the cable’s sensing wires are enclosed in a non-conductive polymer mesh to help eliminate false alarms.
- Robust Connectors Keep it All Together – Cables are assembled with mating metal connectors that will stand up to chemical exposure. Connections between cables and connectors are sealed with a resilient heat shrink tubing to keep chemicals out. The durable mating connectors make it easy to install new systems and to add additional lengths of cable to existing systems.
- An Even Faster Reaction Time – Chemical sensing cable reacts even faster than our orange sensing cable. Mind you, the orange sensing cable reacts very quickly to the presence of a leak. The green cable reacts even faster – it’s pretty much instantaneous. Keep in mind there are other factors that contribute to annunciation time, like the type of controller connected to the cable, the cleanliness of the cable, and the operating environment. But we can tell you this: our chemical sensing cable reacts faster than any of our other sensing cables.